I was nominated by Emily over at Rose Read for the Mystery Blogger Award! Emily is a wonderful blogger studying to be a librarian who is one of the coolest people I have the pleasure of actually knowing IRL. Seriously, the blogosphere is smaller than you know, kids, because we found each other in the most random way possible. You should check her out, starting with this incredibly honest review of Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur or these questions for book bloggers for her final project!
Now, onto the award…!
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma and is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Things about me:
- I have 5 tattoos (3 of them book-related) and have been pierced over 10 times (I’ve pierced myself at least twice).
- I recently acquired two “fancy parakeets.” Their names are Maxwell and Nicholas, and they fight all the time while ignoring tf out of me.
- A few weeks ago, I went to see Disney on Ice and screamed “YAAAAS!” when the Evil Queen unexpectedly skated out onto the ice for like thirty seconds. I regret nothing.
Questions from Emily:
Who would play you in the movie of your life?
I don’t have a look, but I would like to request Jurnee Smollet. Her character Denise on Full House was my absolute fave as a kid. Though… just last month, I was told by some (presumably drunk) guy in a dimly lit karaoke bar that I looked like Mariah Carey (I really don’t), so perhaps she can stand by in the wings as the Understudy.
Where would you go if you had a two week, all expense-paid vacation to anywhere in the world?
I am going to Greece! I’ve had an unhealthy obsession with Greek culture for as long as I can remember… I think it was because all of the interwoven mythologies set my little heart ablaze. For whatever reason, I really just want to be there and explore a bit.
What do you love on your pizza? What do you absolutely LOATHE on your pizza?
Love: Cheese. I’m good with just cheese. Also, ranch because I’ll literally drown anything in ranch. Maybe pepperoni?
Loathe: Pineapples. Never had that, but it doesn’t seem pleasant. Get your sweet and healthy away from my savory and delicious.
What would your dream job be if money wasn’t an issue?
The ever-imposing, secret cinnamon roll co-owner of a 24hr bookstore that doubles as a café/bar. Said bookstore would also be a safe space because I’m a former blue belt in karate, and I’m not afraid to use said skill to protect my charges ✌🏾
Who is the person who has shaped your life significantly?
Uhm… no one???? Myself??? I am the author of my own life or something of that nature. Maybe my brother? I’m a recluse freebird, guys. No one is really shaping me.
Questions for my nominees:
- What’s your all-time favorite Disney song?
- What would your dream job be if money wasn’t an issue? (yes, I stole this question)
- What’s one hidden skill you have?
- Could you be a YA protagonist? Why/Why not?
- What’s your #1 diverse book recommendation?
- Bonus Question: Favorite gif?
Does it look like I know 10-20 people willing to let me tag them in a post? …Don’t answer that.
- Liam @ Hey Ashers
- Fadwa @ Word Wonders
- Neha @ BiblioNyan
- Sara @ The Freadom Library
- Wendy @ What the Log Had to Say
Uhm… That’s subjective, so here are the five posts I had the most fun writing instead:
- Cliché AF: My Bookish Obsessions
- Quotable: You Know Me Well
- Top Ten Tuesday: The One Where She Bashes Your Faves
- Top Ten Tuesday: The One Where She Fangirls About Fellow Bloggers
- Review: City of Bones (Caution: Not recommended for people who adore this book)