For those of you who are participating in NaNoWriMo/NaBloPoMo, congratulations! We have made it to day 13. (Is it just me or is this month going by slow most days?) For everyone else, congrats on making it the the new week. I hope this one is better for you than the last.
A Week in the Life
I do not want to talk about it. Just know that I’m not okay. I did, however, just come from a family party and that was pretty cool. So… silver lining?
A Week in Reading
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
I’m actually buddy reading this along with a few other bloggers on Twitter. Naturally, I’m way behind the crowd. Hopefully I put a dent in this one some time soon.
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
Because obviously I just want to get my heart ripped out and stomped on.
New to the Bookshelves
As always, links lead to good ol’ Goodreads
- Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat (library)
- The Terracotta Bride by Zen Cho
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- The Melody of You and Me by M. Hollis
In Case You Missed It…
- I started the week off with yet another #Bookvember recommendation where I maybe totally gushed about Nimona for a good bit. Seriously, if you’re looking for a high-energy graphic novel to read, I highly recommend that one.
- Tuesday, I went off the plan a bit and instead introduced Quotable to highlight one of my favorite passages from Labyrinth Lost. Essentially, these posts are to highlight the many many many quotes I’ve taken from books that never get their chance in the spotlight.
- Since Wednesday was just a ROUGH AF day, I ended up with another Quotable post. This time, of my fave summer read– You Know Me Well.
- As you should come to expect, there was a Diversity Spotlight this week featuring diversity in graphic novels.
- My second #Bookvember rec this week was Superior by Jessica Lack. Seriously, if you guys want a ball of fluff in the world of superheroes and super villains, check this out.
- As this week seemed to be the week of introductions, I debuted my version of bringing positivity to the blogosphere– On a Positive Note. Be on the lookout for these biweekly tidbits of positive vibes.
- Two more #Bookvember book recommendations
- Some form of Top Ten Tuesday
- We’ve got a Literary Birthday this week… Can you guess who it is? (hint: It’s coming on November 16th)
- I’m really gunning for that review of Radio Silence this week
- A diversity spotlight featuring trans characters