A Week in the Life
Last week was absolutely terrible. Not only did we lose two legends in a span of four days (both at age 69 from cancer…
FUCK CANCER), but I was also in a pretty bad car accident Monday resulting in me really not having a car for a bit. I’m pretty sure they’ll be totaling out this car since they totaled out my first one for much less.
So, if anyone would like to keep a running count, this will be a record-breaking THREE cars lost for me in a span of a year. (I actually think this latest accident happened on the anniversary of my first one last year, so there’s that.)
In less depressing news, I finally went to my local library for the first time in actual YEARS… I usually borrow all my library books on my Kindle or buy books because, as previously stated, I’m a reckless hoe with no self-control. Of course, this resulted in me having to get a brand new library card (mine was outdated) and losing my online library presence because my library can’t be proactive about anything.
I went nuts and got all of my faves… and I have a feeling this will be a continued thing (in an attempt to keep myself from buying all of the things like I did last year).
Last and definitely not least, I also happened to buy tickets to see Disney on Ice’s 100 Years of Magic with my brother! Stay tuned for the happy ramblings about that next month.
A Week in Reading
The Raven Boys:
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe:
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
In Case You Missed It…
[12 Jan] Literary Birthday: Haruki Murakami
[12 Jan] Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant to Get to But Didn’t
[14 Jan] Banned Books Challenge 2016
New to the Bookshelves
Library Books and Cheap Wine? DUH!
As always, all links lead to Goodreads!
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
- Dumplin‘ by Julie Murphey
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- More Than This by Patrick Ness
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater
- Not Pictured: The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- Mocha Girls Challenge Announcement
- There are two VERY IMPORTANT Literary Birthdays this week… Can you guess who?
- HINT: one is Monday, January 18
- HINT: the other is Tuesday, January 19
- Definitely the City of Bones by Cassandra Clare review coming to you on Wednesday