For info about the weekly topics and how to participate, click here.
The new year is FINALLY here! I usually don’t do resolutions (because I’m indecisive and forget all about them). However, in the spirit of welcoming this amazing weekly meme to my blog, I will attempt to scrounge up something…
Top Ten Resolutions I Have For 2016
- Finish the ASOIAF book series – Okay, I started A Game of Thrones for the fourth time pretty late in 2015. But I couldn’t move on because 1.) life got in the way and 2.) I had to wait ten years for the second audiobook to be available. Hopefully finishing up the series won’t be as painful as it was to start since I’m already hooked.
- Read More! (and, of course, write more book reviews) – This is a pretty big one for me because I always feel like such a slacker when it comes to actually reading books. I know… I know… Reading isn’t a competition, but some people sure do make it feel like it is. Oh well. This just means more unpopular opinions for you to read!
- Get Healthy – I had a few health scares this year, so I should probably get my act together. We shall see…
- Revamp my resume and begin applying for my dream job – I have always wanted to be a book editor, and I’m finally going to start pursuing that end… or… at least that’s the plan.
- Keep up with the blog –
BookensteinThe Backlist Babe is my baby now, but I just know that life is going to attempt to get in the way of this. So… By this time next year, I want to still be here ranting about the books I love (and hate)!
Find an apartment and acquire a kitten – I honestly want the cat more than my own apartment. However, the apartment is a necessity since my mom is “allergic” to the precious little fur balls. You see my dilemma?
- TRAVEL!!! – I really just want to take myself on a fun weekend getaway. Disney, maybe? I’m just afraid to go solo
(which I will have to do because I don’t have any friends).
- Drink More Wine… – It’s a resolution. Leave me alone. If you have any objection…
- Join a Book Club – STEP ONE: FIND BOOK CLUB. No, seriously, I’ve always wanted to join a book club of like-minded people. But the only ones I’ve found have either been for children or old folks. WHERE IS THE IN-BETWEEN?!
- Get another bookish tattoo – This one is completely dependent on finding the right artist, though. However, my “Creature” tattoo has already been thought up and I want it… NOW.